Roadworx Sound Masking: Features that make our system unique
Sound Masking works by emitting a soft, inconspicuous background sound with the use of a loudspeaker system. The ambient sound level becomes more uniform and otherwise noisy distractions are muffled by the sound masking.
Real-Time Adaptive Adjustment of Masking Volume According to Ambient Noise
An office space is a dynamic environment in which ambient noise and the volume of sound distractions vary a great deal depending on the schedule and activities underway. To be optimal, sound masking must adapt to changes: It must increase during very active periods, and become more discreet when the area is quieter. Only Roadworx Sound Masking makes this possible!
Effective Masking at All Times
Our adaptive adjustment system identifies variations in ambient noise in real time, from signals supplied by sound level sensors installed in the ceiling of the work space. And, thanks to an advanced signal-processing technology, it automatically adjusts the masking volume depending on the intensity of conversational noise and other noise distractions.
Smart Volume Adjustment to Maximise Acoustic Comfort
The adaptive volume control system provides an unparalleled optimisation of both acoustic comfort and effective sound masking.
Real-Time Adaptive Adjustment Features
- – Control of masking volume based on the level of disturbing noise in a room
- – Disturbing noise is measured using sound level sensors installed in the ceiling
- – Masking sound level is adjusted automatically in real-time
- – Adjustment rate, high limit and low limit are programmable separately, for each zone
- – An input mixer allows for the combination of any active input with any output channel
Unique Automatic Equalisation Process that Ensures Precise Adjustment of the Masking Spectrum
The challenge: to produce optimum masking sound for all work space characteristics. Parameters such as size, type of ceiling, wall coverings, and furnishings have a direct influence on the propagation of sound masking. If the masking system is not properly calibrated to the specific conditions of the room, it becomes ineffective and/or irritating.
The advantage is that it adapts to characteristics that are specific to each work environment. Its unique calibration system uses a sensor to measure the acoustic response and the background noise in the space. Based on this data, it automatically calculates the noise spectrum that must be used to emit a soft, uniform, and non-disruptive masking noise.
Wired and/or Wifi Networked
The Sound Masking is very flexible, it can cover small or large masking zones. It combines the flexibility of networked system and the cost efficiency of centralised systems. Changes can be made very easily, the layout is integrated into the software.
- – Wireless network simplifies wiring and connection
- – It reduces installation costs (no proprietary cables)
- – The Project Manager software is efficient and easy to operate
- – State of the art graphical user interface
- – The ergonomics of the software allows faster interventions
- – For each system installation, a quick course can be offered
Roadworx Sound Masking is very flexible, it can cover small or large masking zones.
It combines the flexibility of networked system and the cost efficiency of centralised systems. Changes can be made very easily, the layout is integrated into the software.
For more information on Sound Masking, get in touch with us on 1800 00 77 80.